All leadership candidates should answer the following questions in an email to Mr. McAdams. They are due in his inbox by 11:59pm on Friday, May 12th.
– Why is being a leader in the band important to you?
– What kind of contribution can you make to the entire organization that sets you apart from everyone else looking for a leadership spot?
– We’ve talked about different “challenges” that the band has as an organization. Pick one of these (either something we discussed together or something entirely different) and outline a solution/process to how you would help overcome these challenges. Your focus on this question should be on the “intangible” issues/goals.
Drum Major Candidates will also need to prepare for the following:
– A 7-10 minute musical rehearsal with the concert band (during the week of May 15th)
– Interview with the director and the instructional staff. These are going to take place starting at 6pm on Wednesday, May 17th.
Our goal is to announce candidates on Saturday May 20th at the conclusion of the Dogwood Parade.
Monday May 22nd (evening): 2017-18 PMP Leadership Team Meeting