As was discussed at the initial interest meeting back in October, there is a cost for all students who wish to participate in the indoor program this year. The entire program is being funded through a combination of resources from both the district and the Phantom Band Boosters. The remaining balance is what the students are responsible for.
- This year, we have set this amount at $175.00 / member. That figure covers all of the personal effects for members: namely the uniform.
- With this amount, we would also like to set a target fundraising goal of $75.00 for each student, bringing the overall student contribution to $100.00.
There are a variety of fundraising opportunities coming up (with a few more to be planned) that can help achieve these goals. We don’t require that you participate in all of them, but we do hope that you’ll at least consider them and weigh options.
- SCRIP Program. This is one of the easiest programs that we have. From gas cards to groceries to Amazon….a little adds up very quickly.
- Mattress Fundraiser: March 11th. Students can earn $30-$50 for each mattress sold. We have been VERY successful with this fundraiser the last two years!
- Gertrude Hawk Candy Bars. These are going to be available for students to order right after the New Year. Each box of 48 bars that is sold nets a student approximately $20.00.
- $50 – Due by Jan 13, 2017
- $50 – Due by Feb 18th, 2017
- $75 (or Remaining Balance) – Due by March 24th, 2017
Payments can be made via check (payable to Phantom Band Boosters) or by PayPal. If done by Paypal, there is a small finance charge that applies.
- Percussionists can use their shoes from the marching band season. If you need a new pair, we will order those separately for you.
- Visual ensemble members will have different footwear – that is included in this fee.
- Percussionists will also be getting a set of sticks/mallets with this fee. They are yours to keep.
- The uniforms are yours to keep. We also will actively be looking to sell the group’s uniforms at the end of the performing season. If this does in fact happen, students will receive a partial refund (we won’t be able to sell them at full price).
- Finally: Finances should NOT be the reason for a student to not participate. There are additional opportunities for students – as well as alternate arrangements. Please contact Mr. McAdams for more information.
You can also apply to the Phoenixville Community Education Foundation for a grant to assist in this amount.