Looking for a gift or stocking stuffer? Check out the list below.
- A quality music stand.
- While the folding ones wire ones are nice, they unfortunately very flimsy. Check this one out instead.
- Most kids have them on their phones, but a standalone one can fit in the case very easily.
- A new case.
- Check out this large listing on Woodwind & Brasswind – types and colors for everything out there.
- An instrument stand.
Reeds & instrument supplies make GREAT stocking stuffers.
- Flutes & Piccolos could always use a new pad saver to help clean the inside of an instrument.
- Clarinets & saxophones ALWAYS need reeds. A box of Van Doren 3 or 3.5 strength will go a long way.
- Brass instruments can always use valve and slide oil.
MOUTHPIECES: If you’re looking to upgrade your child’s musical experience, but can’t afford a new instrument, then go for a new mouthpiece.
- VanDoren B40 or B45
- Low End: Yamaha 4C
- High End: Selmer C* series
- If your son/daughter is interested in jazz, a metal mouthpiece would be IDEAL for the sax.
- Don’t forget the ligatures as well!
- Bach 3C or 5C
- Holton Farkas MDC
- Bach 6 1/2 AL
Finally…the big ticket items:
- There are a lot of great instructors in the area. Let me know if you’re interested and I can connect you with a few names!
- If you’re interested in purchasing a new instrument for your son/daughter, please contact me first.
- Do NOT buy it on eBay/Amazon/any online retailer.
- An instrument is like a car – you want to test it out first before buying it.