PAHS Concert Band Syllabus – 2016-2017
- Continue developing technical skills on the instrument of your choice
- Understand & apply the concepts of ensemble playing
- Study & explore a variety of repertoire crucial to the development of the wind band.
- Open & expand your musical horizons
- Enjoy the process of music making with your peers
- In addition to being in attendance every day and having your own materials, all students should commit these two principles to memory
- #1: Leave the rehearsal better than you found it.
- #2: PRACTICE is when you learn your part. REHEARSAL is when you learn everyone else’s part.
- 50% – Daily Contribution to Rehearsal (Summative Exams)
- 30% – Playing Tests on Repertoire & Performances (Formative Exams)
- 20% – Playing Tests on Exercises & Technical Studies (Homework)
- All individual performance tests will be collected through SmartMusic.
- New members of the concert band MUST attend a training meeting on Thursday 9/18 from 2:15-2:45pm
LOCKERS & SCHOOL OWNED EQUIPMENT:
- We will provide a locker for you to store your instrument in.
- Keep it clean. It’s not your room at home! 🙂
- We do not have locks for you, but you are more than welcome to provide one if you would like to.
A LIMITED amount of school instruments are available to use. These will be distributed based on instrumentation & need. If you are assigned a school instrument, it should be treated the same as if you own it. All repairs will be YOUR financial responsibility.
Percussionists MUST attend a meeting on Wednesday Sept 8th to discuss instrument expectations & equipment handling from 2:15-2:45pm.