I hope that everyone had a restful and relaxing Thanksgiving break – I know I did! The next four weeks (you know, until our next break…) are going to go by very quickly. A lot of preparation for our next concert in February will be done in the month of December. Many of you are also going to be starting with some of our smaller ensembles (jazz band, indoor!)….so there’s lots of things to keep you all busy.
Congratulations to Matt Tweedie, Sarah Coffman, and Sean Malloy: All three were selected for the 2017 PMEA District 12 Band! In addition, Matt & Sarah were also selected for the District 12 Orchestra.
- Marching Band: Banquet & Parade This Week. You received a separate message with these today.
- Jazz Band: First rehearsal is this week too. Make sure you check the updated calendar and complete the membership agreement.
- Indoor Performance Ensemble: We start the official season next week. Your full schedule is also available here: bring a friend!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR EVERYONE:
- Monday December 5th: String Ensemble & MS Band Concert
- 7pm, MS Auditorium.
- Tues December 13th: Booster Meeting, 6pm, HS Band Room
- Topics will include the fall marching band wrapup and a discussion of all spring events.
- Fri December 16th: Release of Star Wars: Rogue One.
- If this wasn’t on your calendar before, it is now!
LONG TERM EVENTS:
These are all on the Google Calendar, but it would be good to put them into your personal calendars now.
- Wed Feb 15th: HS Band Concert #2: Welcome to New Orleans
- Tues Mar 14th: PMEA Adjudication Performance (afternoon/evening event)