Well everyone…we are here. The final week of the season!
This week’s schedule:
TUESDAY: Rehearsal 6pm-9pm
- Booster Meeting, 6pm HS Band Room
- EVERYONE: The main lobby of the auditorium is being used as a voting place. Please enter the building through the doors by the pre-school room (where we load/unload the truck). All parking for the night (and the booster meeting) will be in the side lot as well.
THURSDAY: Rehearsal 6pm-9pm
- Little kids don’t need to be there until 7:30pm.
- Community Preview & Send-Off Show, 8pm
- Help spread the word on social media – share the link above!
- Bring your friends, family, neighbors….even Fluffy is invited!
- Snacks & Hot Chocolate afterwards!
SATURDAY: CAVALCADE CHAMPIONSHIPS!
How the performance order and classes are created:
- All of the bands that are in each division in Cavalcade have their three highest scores averaged throughout the season.
- A logical division point in the averages is used to create the “A” class (bottom half) and “Open” class (top half).
- Phoenixville ended up in 5th out of 22 in the Liberty division. There are 12 in the open division and 10 in the A division.
- The “A” class bands perform in their own championship, as do the “Open” bands. So – we’re only competing against 12 other groups.
- The actual performance order for Saturday is randomized. The class is split in half again, with the bottom 6 randomized and the top 6 randomized. This gives groups that perform well during the season the benefit of performing with at least groups that they are VERY similar to at the last show of the season.
The full Liberty “Open” performance order:
- 500 Pocono Mountain West
- 515 Conestoga valley
- 530 Southwestern
- 545 Methacton
- 600 Delsea regional
- 615 Carlisle
- 630 BREAK
- 645 East Pennsboro
- 700 New Oxford
- 715 Hatboro-Horsham
- 730 Central Bucks West
- 745 Phoenixville
- 800 Susquehannock
- 8:45 Awards
NOTE: These times may change, but the performance order will not.
Our schedule for the day (subject to change).
- 10:30-11:30 Breakfast Buffet @ School.
- For all students, courtesy of the Phantom Band Boosters.
- Parents are invited too!
- 11:30-3:00 Rehearsal
- 2:30 Little Kids Report Time
- 3:45 On the Road
- You MUST bring a dinner for the ride!!!!
- 5:15 Arrive @ J. Birney Crum Stadium
- 7:45 FINAL PMP PERFORMANCE
- 8:15 Pictures
- 8:45 Awards
- 9:30 Snack @ Buses (provided)
- 10:15 Leave
- 11:30 Arrive, Unpack, Go Home
- Get them now before our block sells out. We only have about 25 tickets left.
- You can get them at the gate – but these are all “blocked” together in the stands.
But the most important thing of all…
You earned this. Let’s enjoy the week – and the weekend!
WATCH THE VIDEO FROM THE WEEKEND. Use it to guide yourself for rehearsal this week.
Oh…and one more thing.
It’s going to be cold. Like….REALLY cold Saturday. 🙂 Now is a good time to think about that cold weather thermal gear you purchased back in September when it was 90 degrees.