Congratulations to the Marching Phantoms on their performance Saturday Night! 2nd place out of 5, and in the top 3 of the Liberty division heading into the last two weeks of the season!
We have LOTS of information in this post for the end of the season and beyond. Please read thoroughly!
This week’s schedule:
- Tuesday – Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Thursday – Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Saturday – Rehearsal @ Wilson HS & Competition @ Governor Mifflin HS
- Since PAHS is hosting SAT’s, we will be leaving in the morning to rehearse at Wilson HS in Reading, PA.
- The show is at Governor Mifflin HS .
- Student report time in the morning is 9:45am to load equipment.
- We are leaving by 10:30am. Students need to bring a lunch with them to eat when we arrive at Wilson HS.
- We will put out the detailed schedule for the day mid-week that details performance times and the rest of the day. Anticipated return time back to PAHS that night is between 10:30pm and 11:00pm.
- The football game that was originally scheduled for Friday night Nov 4th has been cancelled.
Upcoming End of Season Events:
- Tuesday Nov 8th – Rehearsal 6pm-8pm
- Thursday Nov 10th – Open Rehearsal, Community & Parent Preview – Stadium, 6pm-9pm.
- The actual parent preview will start at 8:00pm.
- Saturday Nov 12th – Cavalcade of Bands Championships, J. Birney Crum Stadium
- We are tentatively slated to perform at some point in the evening block Saturday night.
- Championship tickets CAN BE PRE-ORDERED now! We have a limited quantity, so please act early. These tickets are in a block at the stadium. Any tickets bought at the stadium will be in general admission.
- Tuesday Nov 29th – End of Season Banquet, 7pm, HS Cafeteria. More details soon!
- Friday December 2nd – Phoenixville Halloween Parade.
There are a few students that still need to fulfill their financial obligations from the beginning of the season – shirts, shoes, etc. We will be contacting those students this week so that we can close those books.
And now…the FINAL part of the show is ready to be added: but we need YOUR help!
We are looking for younger siblings, cousins, family friends, etc that would be interested in being in a part of the marching band show for the last two weeks of the season!
Here’s the requirements:
- They have to reside in the Phoenixville Area School District and be enrolled in either a district school or charter school.
- They have to be available for the following events:
- Rehearsal on November 3th (7pm-8pm)
- Rehearsal on November 10th (6pm-7pm)
- Cavalcade Championships (Nov 12th for part of rehearsal and obviously the show).
- Ideally, we’re looking for children who are in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. The ultimate goal would be kids who are in the elementary band program too! 🙂
If you’re interested – or know someone who is – please contact me directly at email@example.com.
6 performances in rehearsal, 2 performances in uniform. Let’s kick this into high gear!