Thanks for a great work ethic from everyone on Saturday!
Our first competition week is finally here…and so are some cooler temperatures!
As we had discussed with the students at the end of rehearsal on Thursday, Friday & Saturday will be a longer than normal weekend due to the travel times involved with both the away game and the location/length of our competition on Saturday. This will be a great first exercise in time management for everyone!
This week’s schedule:
- Tuesday: Full Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm. Goals: putting music to the first half of Part 3.
- Booster Meeting, 6pm (HS Band Room)
- Thursday: Full Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm. Goals: refining Part 3 and cleaning everything else!
- Front Ensemble will be loading equipment onto the trailer after rehearsal Friday night.
- Friday: Away Game @ Chichester HS
- Saturday: Rehearsal & Competition @ Hempfield HS
Full breakdowns for the Game & Competition are in the google calendar.
The entire competition schedule for Saturday is here. As you can see, it is a very large opening “knight”!
Are you new to this “competition” thing in marching band? This is a great introduction on what to expect...both for students and parents!
IRON HILL FUNDRAISER – MONDAY NIGHT!
20% of your bill will be donated to the Phantom Band Boosters on Monday 9/12. More info can be found on our Facebook page.
BOOSTER MEETING – TUESDAY NIGHT! 6:00pm in the HS Band Room. Please come on out and see how you can get involved for the season and school year.
Coming up Next Week:
With this being a “heavy” week, we have a lighter week coming up with no competition on Saturday, just rehearsal. HOWEVER, we have been invited to perform for an event for Senator Dinniman in town on the morning of Sat 9/24. More details will be sent out in the coming days once I get a final schedule from the Senator’s office.
Additional Notes & Info:
- If you are volunteering to help the band this fall (either at a home game, away game, or competition), you do need to have an application submitted to PASD. Sheila Burns (the booster vice-president) will be in touch with you if you have signed up and what the status of your materials currently are.
- If you are taking the SAT’s on October 1st, please let me know at some point this week. Thanks!
As always….if you have any questions, please get in touch with me!