This week’s camp has been AMAZING – and that’s a true testament to the work ethic and mindset that the students in the marching band have brought with them every day! I know that I can speak for all of the instructors that we’re very excited about the energy and possibility that this year’s group is going to have.
Tomorrow (Friday) is our last day. The schedule is a bit different – here’s the details:
- 9am-12pm Morning session (as normal)
- 12pm-1pm Lunch Break (as normal)
- 1pm-3pm Afternoon Session #1
- 3pm-3:30pm Break. Please bring a snack with you!
- 3:30pm-5:30pm Afternoon Session #2.
- Normally we would invite parents and friends to come on out to the last session of the week, but with the stadium complex under construction, this may not be feasible. However, you are still welcome to come and watch any of the last few hours of camp tomorrow!
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Break.
- 6:30pm-10:00pm. DCI Semifinals Broadcast here in the band room.
- But wait….what about dinner?
- You have a couple of options!
- 1) Have it delivered
- 2) Go home, grab some food, and come back. Bring a pillow with you if you want to!
- But wait…do I have to stay for the night session?
- Well, yes! You’re getting the chance to watch some of the best groups in the marching arts activity perform right in front of you. 🙂
Communication & Absences: Just a reminder: from here on out, everything is considered “required” as a member of the team. Any absences must be communicated directly to me. You can send an email or use the group messaging system. Thanks!
Next Week’s Schedule:
Mini Camp #4: Tues/Wed/Thurs:
- 5pm-6pm: Sectionals (Your section leaders will let you know what is on the schedule)
- 6pm-9pm: Full Ensemble Rehearsal.
- We will be continuing work on learning the show!
And your final thought for the morning….
We are 15 days away from our first public performance!